Our Security Outlook
Our infrastructure, operations, and Bitcoin security principles
- Built-in multi-factor authentication on all bitcoin transfers to safeguard your assets
- Your personal data is encrypted and treated with extreme care to protect your privacy
Cold Storage Custody
- Our multi-signature cold storage system has geographically replicated keys to ensure deposits are secured from internal and external threats
- 100% full reserve custody. River doesn't use or lend your Bitcoin
Review Everything. Twice.
- Code commits must be signed and are never merged without review from multiple parties.
- Our systems receive independent penetration tests from leading global security firms.
Secure Bitcoin Custody
A new standard of security for financial services.
Offline & in Cold Storage
We require multiple signatures to identify and authorize a transaction, reducing system vulnerability.
Geographically Dispersed Keys
Access to cold storage keys requires traveling to multiple geographically dispersed locations.
Over 98% of clients’ Bitcoin is kept offline in cold storage to maximize the security of their investment.
All accounts are protected from theft by industry leading security standards.
We require multi-factor authentication upon account creation with a time-based one-time password or SMS/Text verification.
Account passwords are hashed via bcrypt with a work factor of 14.
We protect your data with advanced security infrastructure.
Rigorously Managed Data Security Standards
We store the least amount of data for the shortest time possible and use tiered, role-based access controls.
Fully Encrypted Data
All application data is encrypted with AES256-GCM.
Compliance & Certifications
We leverage cloud infrastructure that has undergone SOC 2 Type II examinations.