The referral program lets you earn a bonus for each friend/referral who signs up using your referral link and makes a bitcoin purchase and/or purchases a miner with River.
How to earn referral bonuses:
- Visit the rewards page on River.com or go to the rewards tab in the River mobile app to get your referral link.
- Copy and share your referral link in an email, text message, or via your favorite messaging app.
- Your friend can open the referral link in the message and sign up for a River account.
- Your friend needs to use your link to set up their account setup and initiate a Bitcoin buy and/or a miner purchase in one of our supported states.
What is the River Referral Rewards program bonus?
Once your friend reaches $1,000 in bitcoin purchases, you both will receive $20 in bitcoin. Once your friend reaches $10,000 in bitcoin purchases, you both receive an additional $80 in bitcoin.
For every miner purchased with River, you both will receive $100 in bitcoin, up to $10,000.
Please note that only bitcoin purchases and miner purchases made within 180 days of the account open date are eligible for the bonus.
Who is eligible to refer?
All River clients with an open account in good standing are eligible to refer.
Who can I refer to River's Referral Program?
You can refer friends who do not currently have an existing River account. Note that you cannot refer your own account or an entity in which you have a stake.
How do I share my referral link?
You can share your referral link via email, text message, or any of your favorite messaging apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, or Twitter. A referral link is a link to River.com with a special code on the end that makes your link unique. For example:. There is no limit to the number of friends you can refer, but there is a limit to the bonus earned per referral: $10,000 in bitcoin for a mining referral purchase and $100 in bitcoin for a bitcoin purchase.
When will I receive the referral bonus?
The referral bonus for bitcoin purchases will be deposited to your River account's bitcoin balance once funds have settled. Fund settlement usually takes about two weeks, but may vary. Bitcoin purchases are eligible for the bonus if they occur within 180 days of the referral and if the account was created using your unique referral link.
The referral bonus for miner purchases will be deposited to your River account's bitcoin balance once a full miner hardware payment is received or once the deposit payment has been received. Fund settlement usually takes about two weeks, but may vary. Miner purchases are eligible for the bonus if they occur within 180 days of the referral and a) if the account was created using your unique referral link or b) if you were referred directly to a Relationship Manager to execute a miner purchase.
How will I receive the referral bonus?
The referral bonus will be deposited to your River account's bitcoin balance. To change which River account your reward will deposit to, visit the rewards page on River.com or go to the rewards tab in the River mobile app.
Do I have to purchase a miner to be eligible to refer as part of the River Mining referral program?
No, you do not need to own a bitcoin miner with River in order to refer a new mining client. All River clients with an open River account in good standing are eligible to refer.
I haven't received my referral bonus, why is that?
There are a few possible reasons you or your friend did not receive the referral bonus:
- The invitee must sign up using the referrer's unique referral link. This means they need to create a new River account directly after opening your link. Referrals are not captured if the referred person signs up independently using the River app or website, rather than the unique referral link.
- Referral bonuses are only paid if the person you referred verifies their account and buys at least $1,000 in bitcoin for the $20 bitcoin bonus and at least $10,000 in bitcoin for the additional $80 bitcoin bonus (all within 180 days of opening their qualifying account). The qualifying buy volume can be a cumulative amount that happens over multiple purchases—for example, four purchases of $250 each to reach the $1,000 buy volume bonus of $20. As it can take some time for payments to go out, and as funds may not arrive immediately, cumulative purchases may have multiple periods of delayed fund settlement (see below).
- Mining referral bonuses are only paid if the person you referred verifies their account and a payment or deposit is received for at least one miner with River within 180 days of opening their qualifying account. Referral bonuses apply to standard pricing only.
- The buy volume has to be completed and funds have to settle before any bonus is paid. ACH transfers often have delays between when the order is placed and when the money is actually transferred; a purchase is not eligible for the referral bonus until the funds have settled.
- We do not pay out referral bonuses on duplicate or false accounts. Duplicate or shared financials will cause disqualification.
- If an invitee fails to complete the requirements to obtain a bonus within 180 days of opening their account, neither party will receive a bonus.
What happens if the friend I referred does not complete the bitcoin or miner purchase?
Your referral must complete a bitcoin or miner hardware purchase to be eligible to receive the referral bonus. If your referral does not complete either within 180 days of account creation, no referral bonus will be paid. If a payment is not received, is returned, or cannot be processed, then the referral bonus will not be paid.
I have multiple River accounts. Can I refer my separate accounts and receive a referral bonus?
No, you cannot refer accounts or entities in which you have an ownership interest.
What is the maximum referral bonus I can receive if I refer multiple new clients?
The maximum referral bonus you can receive per client referred is $10,000 for miners purchased and $100 for bitcoin purchased. There is no maximum on how many clients you can refer.
If you refer a friend who buys $1,000 of Bitcoin and one miner, you would both receive $120. You would receive the $20 bonus for the $1,000 of Bitcoin and the $100 bonus for the miner.
If you refer multiple friends, the reward caps are tracked separately for them. If the first friend buys 80 miners, you would both receive an $8,000 bonus for the miner purchase. If the second friend buys $10,000 of bitcoin and 25 miners, you would both receive $100 in bitcoin for the bitcoin purchase and $2,500 for the miner purchase. These two friends would earn you a total of $10,500 and $100 in bitcoin.
What is the maximum referral bonus I can receive for a mining hardware purchase?
The maximum referral bonus is $10,000 in bitcoin per client ($100 for each miner purchased on an order of 100 miners). Both the referring client and referred client are eligible to receive up to $10,000 in bitcoin per order. Rewards of $600 or more will generate a 1099-MISC form.
Will I be taxed on Referral Bonuses?
River Financial does not provide tax advice. On this and all other financial matters, we suggest you consult a tax professional.
If you receive referral bonuses and any other reward amounts of $600 or more, River will issue you a 1099-MISC form. You can view your total rewards by going to https://www.river.com/earn-rewards or the rewards tab of the River mobile app.
Terms & Conditions
Promoting your referral code through the use of paid advertising on 'river.com' or River Financial related keywords is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, bidding or running ads on search brand keywords that include “River” or similar variations and using river branded terms in your ad copy, which is not appropriate. Referrers who engage in such activities will have their referral codes deactivated. All referrals resulting from such activities are ineligible for referral payments.
Important Notice: River Financial does not guarantee payout on every account you refer due to the limitations mentioned above and risk of fraud, but we make a good faith effort to do so whenever possible. In addition, River reserves the right to change the terms of the referral program at any time due to changing market conditions, risk of fraud, or any other reason. By participating in the referral program, you acknowledge that receiving payouts is not guaranteed by River.