Enabling Sending and Receiving on River
Before Bitcoin sending and receiving is enabled, you will be asked to verify your identity. Once your identity has been verified, you will have Bitcoin sending and receiving enabled for your account.
Transferring Bitcoin From Coinbase to River
To make this process easier, it is a good idea to open two separate tabs or windows in addition to this one in your preferred browser (Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox). You will want to keep this guide, your Coinbase account, and your River Financial account open simultaneously.
1. In the first tab, navigate to River Financial and log in.
2. From your home page, you will see all of your accounts at River. Choose the account that you would like to receive bitcoin to.
3. Next, in the top right corner of your account page, click “Transfer”.
4. Click “Receive Bitcoin”.
5. Copy the Receive Address on the screen. The Receive Address will begin with “bc1…”. Make sure you copy the entire address.
6. In another tab or window, open Coinbase and log in.
7. Once you are logged in, you will see this homepage.
8. In the top right corner, click “Send/Receive”. If you have not yet verified your identity, you will see the warning sign below, and you must click "Verify your account" to enable sending and receiving.
If you have already verified your identity, you can skip to the next section.
Enabling Sending and Receiving on Coinbase
Coinbase will require you to verify your identity before enabling send/receive functionality. If you have not already verified your identity by uploading a government-issued ID, follow these steps to do so:
A. You will be asked to provide your physical address, Date of Birth, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
B. Next, you will be asked to upload a government-issued ID. Select the type of ID you will use to verify your identity.
C. If you have a picture of the front and back of your ID on your computer, you can upload it by clicking "File Upload." Otherwise, the easiest way to upload your ID is to click "Mobile Camera."
D. You will receive a text message containing a link, which you should click. On your mobile device, you can use your camera to take pictures of the front and back of your ID and hit "Submit" when you are done.
E. If your identity is successfully verified, you will now be able to send and receive bitcoin.
Continue Sending Bitcoin From Coinbase to River
9. Enter the amount you would like to send or hit “Send All.” Then, paste the receive address you copied from River into the “To” textbox, and hit “Continue.”
10. Confirm the details of your transaction and click "Send Now."
11. Your River Account will reflect the Bitcoin transaction, but the Bitcoin will remain pending until it has received at least 3 confirmations.