To enable bitcoin send/receive functionality, you must provide two forms of identification:
- an image of your state issued Driver's License
- an image of yourself holding both your License and a handwritten note
The image of your state issued Driver’s License must be unexpired and show your date of birth, citizenship or permanent residence, signature, and photograph. If your driver’s license is issued by a state not consistent with the state of your primary residence, we may ask for further documentation to verify your residency.
1. To access the page to upload this documentation, first click on the “Transfer” tab at the top of the homepage.
2. From there, select “Transfer Bitcoin.”
3. Click “Receive to River Account” or “Send From a River Account” to access the verification process.
4. You will receive a pop-up message. Click “Go To Upload.”
5. Select the “Mobile Upload” option or use your current device to upload.
6. From here, you will be walked through the remainder of the process. Once completed, your submission will be reviewed by our Compliance team within 24 hours. Congratulations! You are one step closer to sending and receiving Bitcoin with River Financial!