Before sending and receiving Bitcoin is enabled, you will be asked to verify your identity. Once your identity has been verified, you will have Bitcoin sending and receiving enabled in your account.
The Lightning Network is a protocol that enables instant, low-cost Bitcoin transactions. River currently supports sending up to 0.04294967 BTC with Lightning and receiving up to 0.01 BTC with Lightning.
You can only use the Lightning Network if the non-River wallet you are sending from also supports Lightning. You can also view how to send Bitcoin via on-chain here.
Receiving with Lightning
1. Click "Transfer" in the Account Section.
2. Click "Receive Bitcoin”.
3. Select the Lightning option and enter the amount of bitcoin you will be receiving in the text box.
4. Then, click "Create Invoice".
4. Pay the invoice from your non-River Lightning wallet by scanning the QR code or by copying and pasting the Lightning invoice text.
The Lightning invoice is the long string of characters shown under the QR code.
5. You will receive this confirmation to indicate your Lightning Network transaction was successful.
Sending with Lightning
1. Click "Transfer” in the Account Section.
2. Click "Send Bitcoin”.
2. Enter the Lightning invoice you would like to pay and click "Preview Send".
3. Confirm the details of your transaction and click “Confirm” to complete your Lightning transaction.
4. You will receive this confirmation to indicate your successful Bitcoin transaction via the Lightning Network.