Before Bitcoin deposits and Bitcoin withdrawals are enabled, you will be asked to verify your identity. Once your identity has been verified, you will have Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals enabled in your account.
The Lightning Network is a protocol that enables instant, low-cost Bitcoin transactions. River currently supports Lightning deposits of up to 0.04294967 BTC and Lightning withdrawals of up to 0.01 BTC.
1. Click “Deposit Bitcoin” under the Account section.
2. Toggle the deposit option to “Lightning”. It is important to note that depositing via Onchain and Lightning are two different processes.
You can only use the Lightning Network if your non-River wallet you are depositing from also supports Lightning. You can also view how to deposit Bitcoin via Onchain here.
3. Enter the amount of Bitcoin you want deposited, then click “Create Invoice”.
4. Pay the invoice from your non-River Lightning wallet by scanning the QR code or by copying and pasting the Lightning invoice.
The Lightning invoice is the long string of characters shown under the QR code.
5. You will receive this confirmation to indicate your successful Bitcoin deposit via the Lightning Network.
1. Click “Withdraw Bitcoin” under the Account section.
2. Enter the Lightning invoice you would like to pay and click “Preview Withdrawal”.
3. Confirm the details of your withdrawal and click “Confirm” to complete your Lightning withdrawal.
4. You will receive this confirmation to indicate your successful Bitcoin withdrawal via the Lightning Network.