Before Bitcoin deposits and Bitcoin withdrawals are enabled, you will be asked to verify your identity. Once your identity has been verified, you will have Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals enabled for your account.
There are currently two methods you can use to withdraw Bitcoin: on-chain and Lightning. This article covers how you can withdraw Bitcoin on-chain. You can view more information on how to withdraw via Lightning here.
1. Click “Withdraw Bitcoin” under the Account section.
2. Enter a Bitcoin address you would like to withdraw Bitcoin to.
3. Enter the "Amount" of Bitcoin you want to withdraw and click “Preview Withdrawal”.
4. Confirm the details of your Withdrawal and click “Confirm” to complete your on-chain withdraw.
The total amount of Bitcoin withdrawn from your account will be the “Amount” you have specified plus the Bitcoin network fees quoted on this page. This fee is not collected by River, but paid out to miners who process the transaction. You can read more about Bitcoin network Fees here.
5. You will receive this confirmation to indicate your successful Bitcoin on-chain deposit.
Once your transaction has been confirmed on the Bitcoin network, you should see the Bitcoin in the wallet you have withdrawn to. Please note that, depending on the wallet you use, your transaction can take up to 1 hour before it shows up in the wallet.