Before sending and receiving Bitcoin is enabled, you will be asked to verify your identity. Once your identity has been verified, you will have Bitcoin sending and receiving enabled in your account.
There are currently two methods you can use to receive Bitcoin on River: on-chain and Lightning. This article covers how you can receive Bitcoin on-chain. You can view more information on how to receive Bitcoin via Lightning here.
1. Click "Transfer" in the navigation bar at the top of your screen.
2. Click "Transfer Bitcoin" and then click "Next".
3. Click "Receive to River Account” and then click "Next".
4. Click "Onchain Transfer" and then click "Next".
5. Choose the account that you would like to receive bitcoin to.
6. You will now be shown a Bitcoin address, displayed as both a QR code and an alphanumeric string. Send Bitcoin from your non-River Bitcoin wallet to River by copying and pasting the "Receive Address" or scanning the QR code.
8. You will receive this confirmation to indicate your successful Bitcoin on-chain transaction.
Your funds will not be immediately available, as River must wait until the Bitcoin transaction has 6 confirmations before considering the transaction final.