Meet the Team: Philip Glazman
1. What made you decide to pursue a career in Bitcoin?
Bitcoin exists in the intersection of several powerful ideas. One of which is that Bitcoin and its technology is inherently a democratizing political force. I am working with this technology because a world with it is a pretty good bet towards a peaceful future.
2. What’s your role at River Financial?
I work on River Financial’s Bitcoin software. This includes our on-chain wallet infrastructure, Lightning Network support, and the other exciting Bitcoin-specific products.
3. What did you do before joining River?
Before River, I was with Bitmain and the BTC.com team in Amsterdam working on wallet software.
4. What projects or advancements do you think are most exciting in the Bitcoin space right now?
One of the most exciting features of Bitcoin software is its permissionless nature. Anyone can start adding value and there are a lot of people doing this. I am most excited in projects that help people run their own Bitcoin software in a trustless manner including full nodes, payment processors, and wallets. BTCPay Server sticks out as a great project doing exactly this.
5. Where do you see Bitcoin in 10 years?
A successful Bitcoin network is one where a new block is mined every ten minutes. In ten years, I hope more people have access to buying Bitcoin and using it in their daily lives.
6. Describe Bitcoin in 5 words or less.
A P2P Electronic Cash System.
7. What are some of your favorite hobbies or interests?
I like visiting independent bookstores and road cycling.