Meet the Team: Kafai Choi
1. What made you decide to pursue a career in Bitcoin?
Our current financial system is broken. We need a decentralized monetary system and I think Bitcoin is the most promising solution. There is nothing better than being part of the revolution.
2. What’s your role at River Financial?
I currently focus on building both our web frontend and backend system.
3. What did you do before joining River?
I worked for YBEX, a currency exchange marketplace in Asia.
4. What projects or advancements do you think are most exciting in the Bitcoin space right now?
Apart from the Lightning Network, Taproot and Schnorr are great improvements on privacy. When implemented, people will no longer be able to distinguish between whether a transaction is paid to a public key or a script.
5. Where do you see Bitcoin in 10 years?
The whole ecosystem will become much more mature. People will use it in their daily life and some countries might even consider adopting it as national currency.
6. Describe Bitcoin in 5 words or less.
7. What are some of your favorite hobbies or interests?
I enjoy weightlifting and am a vegan. I also love cats.